Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Why I'm starting a blog

Many people have noted that I post frequently on my Facebook page about various news articles, controversies, and other material I find interesting or relevant.  In some ways, I have been using Facebook solely for this reason (and, you know, to play games of Scrabble and make crass, self-important remarks on other people's posts).

To this end, it has become increasingly obvious to me that starting a blog is a more effective, publicly accessible way to share these posts.  After a novel suggestion from a good friend today, I decided creating a blog is better late than never - especially if the world is coming to an end in 2012!

Readers will find that I am openly vocal with my views, yet I champion Artistotle's sentiments when he wrote, "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."  So in this sense, I want to make sure divergent perspectives cross my path, as well.

Reviewing my areas of interest, I post most frequently on American culture - particularly in areas of science, religion, and politics.  Occasionally I will wade a bit further outside my comfort zone.  Please enjoy.  For the time being, we are all stuck on this Pale Blue Dot with the opportunity to learn and grow together - or at the very least leave one another free to live their own lives as they see fit.  And that's where I would like to start this off:

No comments:

Post a Comment